Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back Again!

All right so I have been away for a couple weeks now but I am back!

I see a couple of you have had success and some are having problems. I am going to look at the problems and see if I can't resolve them.

Also here is what is coming up soon:

1. I am going to remaster this into a live-cd so that you can just download the iso and have a working fresh install of ubuntu 10.04 plus CCV.

2. The next tutorial will follow my development of an openGL based windowing system.

This windowing system will incorporate a tuio listner so that everything will be multitouch, even the login after you press the power button on your computer. :)

5 comments:

  1. great work! although I'm still unable to make it work on an installation in virtualbox; it does not detect the camera but I think this is more of a virtualbox related problem. I wanted to make a snapshot of a development environment to play with, but now that I see you are planning a liveCD I think I'll just wait for it. Any ideas when that will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the live CD will be available mid next week. I have a working virtual environment set up for qemu. I will look into loading the virtual disk online so that anyone can run a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting here for your live CD :) Sounds promising!

    Keep up the great work! Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys, I finished the live cd by Wednesday of this week like I had planned, but I ran into a problem of hosting a multi gig .iso file, which I did not think about ahead of time. :/ I might just offer dvd's via mail if I can't figure out a hosting solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, how about creating a torrent? I can offer two permanent seeds for a couple of months. I live in BC, Canada. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete