Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Live CD's

Good news everyone, I know I promised live cd's, and I am running a bit behind, but as I mentioned earlier I can't find a cost effective solution for hosting multi-gig iso files. As a result I will be offering live cd's via the mail, I plan on being able to offer them hopefully within the next week.

Another thing I would like to mention, I turned ccv into a background process and turned the gui into a webpage. This would allow you to run ccv on a bare-bones pc and simply connect it to the multitouch pc via Ethernet. You can then control the bare-bones via the web page dished out by apache. I will upload screen shots around the same time I offer the live cd's. It is still a little buggy, especially in the regards of streaming the video, but I really like the idea of a independent tuio server that is platform independent. This tuio server is currently the main focus of my project and I will be putting off the open gl multitouch gui tutorial off for at least another month as there are a few more bugs I need to work out before I offer that as a tutorial.

2 comments:

  1. Great work John,
    This is a very interesting blog. I agree with you that an independent TUIO server is needed and Linux is definitely the way to go. I am curious though, have you looked at Movid? I think the design and the interface of Movid would fit a "headless dedicated machine" much better. It would also be useful to have various profiles, such as FTIR, DI and DSI ready that could be loaded right away and configured to perfection.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While not as convenient for downloaders, you could create a split .rar of the .iso and host the pieces using megaupload (or something similar) for free.

    ReplyDelete